Professor Jure Mirat, MD PhD, FESC
Professor Jure Mirat, MD PhD, FESC is full professor of Cardiology and Internal medicine at University Josip Juraj Strossmayer in Osijek. He is a memeber of Faculty Council and president of Department for Nursing, medical ethics and palliative care. He introduced telemedicine in undergraduate teaching in Osijek School of medicine, and is Chief of postgraduated Courses – Arrhythmia in Clinical Medicine, Chief of doctorial Course – New technologies in Cardiology and Chief of postgraduate Study in Echocardiography and immaging methods.
Jure Mirat, MD PhD is the Chief of Working Group for Valvular Heart Disease of Croatian Society of Cardiology and director of Policlinic Kardioton – faculty unit of the School of Medicine Josip Juraj Strossmayer in Osijek. He is certified european cardiologist and Fellow of European Society of Cardiology. Dr.Mirat is specialized in interventional cardiology, pacemakers implantation and follow up and echocardiography.
Prof.Mirat is born in Croatia, recived medical degree from Medical School, University of Bologna, Italy. He completed his residency in internal medicine in Chech Republic. This was followed by residence in Cardiology in Zagreb University, Croatia. He later became Chief of Unite for Interventional Cardiology University Clinic Dubrava in Zagreb, Chief of Unite for electrostimulation of University Clinic Dubrava in Zagreb and Chief of Cardiology Departement of University Clinic Sveti Duh in Zagreb.
Prof.Mirat organized two permanent services for primary percutaneous interventions in acute myocardial infarction in Zagreb (University Clinic Dubrava and University Clinic Sveti Duh).
He is author of books on Valvular Heart disease and EKG in clinical practice and is the author of several textbook chapters on cardiology topics. He has been on the editorial review board for croatian and regional central-european medical journals.
Dr.Mirat’s research has focused on interventional cardiology, electrostimulation and valvular heart disease. He was Chief of e-Project developing Croatian Register for percutaneous coronary intervention and Chief of Project for Individual variabilty on antiaggregation therapy in acute coronary syndrome. He has been invited to present his research at numerous medical symposia and conferences.
Dr.Mirat is a member and Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology. He is a member of working group for valvular heart disease and European Rhythm Association as well as member of European Society for Atherosclerosis. He is a president of Croatian working group for valvular heart disease and former president of Supervisory Board of Croatian Society of Cardiology.
Dr.Mirat hobby is music. He is a member and ex-vice-presidente of Physician Singers of Zagreb.
EDUCATION & FELLOWSHIPS
Medical School Education :
- 1977. – 1984. Bologna University School of Medicine (Italy)
- M.D. 1984., University in Bologna
Residence in Internal Medicine
- 1987. – 1989. Prague University School of Medicine
- 1990. – 1991. Zagreb University School of Medicine
Postgraduate Course on Cardiovascular Disease:
- 1994. – 1996. Postgraduate Course on Cardiovascular Disease
- Zagreb University School of Medicine
- 1998. May–June Training in Interventional Cardiology, Catheter laboratory Institute of Clinical and Experimental Medicine Prague (Czech Republic)
- 1999. January, Guest physician in Catheter laboratory Universitats Spitale in Zurich
Hospital and Academic Appointments:
- 1991. – 1997. Internist-Cardiologist in Department of Cardiology University Hospital Sveti Duh, Zagreb
- 1997. Internist-Cardiologist in Department of Cardiology University Hospital Dubrava, Zagreb
- 1997. Instructor of Rehabilitation of Cardiovascular Disease in High Medical School Zagreb
- 1998. M.S.
- 1999. Head of Cath. lab. University Hospital Dubrava
- 2000. Assistent professor of Internal medicine in School of Dental Medicine, Zagreb
- University Lecturer on several Postgraduate Curses for Continual Education of Physicians and Pharmacists
- 2003. Head of Unite for arrhytmias, electrostimulation and electrophysiology of University Hospital Dubrava
- 2003. M.D.Ph.D
- 2003. Assistent professor in School of Medicine of Josip Juraj Strossmayer University in Osijek
- 2003. – 2011. Head of Cardiology Departement University Hospital Sveti Duh Zagreb
- 2008. Professor in School of Medicine of
Josip Juraj Strossmayer University in Osijek
- 2013. Full professor in School of Medicine of Josip Juraj Strossmayer University in Osijek
- 2013. Director of Polyclinic Kardioton in Zagreb
- 2014. President of Department for Nursing, medical ethics and palliative care of the School of Medicine of Josip Juraj Strossmayer University in Osijek
- European cardiologist
- Interventional cardiology
- Electrostimulation (pacemaker implantation and follow-up)
- Echocardiography and immaging methodes
AWARDS & HONORS
- Prof.dr.Mirat has recived honor for special contribution to health care in Republic of Croatia.
- Member of Croatian Society of Cardiology
- Member of European Society of Cardiology
- Member of European Working Group for Electrophysilogy and Pacing
- Member of European Working Group for Valvular Heart Disease
- Fellow European Society for Atherosclerosis